Helmet is the daily object closely to us. But not many people know and consider that if they have use the helmet for a long time but have not cleaned their helmets, it will cause discomfort feeling such as: odor, itchy scalp, plastered hair…
1. So you need to remember to regularly wash your top motorbike helmet to clean the dirt, bacteria and mold built-up, because it is the causative agent for your scalp.
The helmet when you wear will obturate your head so in the hot weather like this summer, it will make your scalp more sweating, sebaceous glands stimulated to secrete more causes “breathing troubles” to the hairline and scalp. Who often have to wear the helmet as motorcycle riders, delivery staffs, construction workers … will be at risk of fungal scalp more than people who have the low frequency and short duration of wearing the helmet. Wearing it many times, the inner lining of the helmet will be dirty and dusty; it is place the bacteria accumulate, so you must regularly clean the helmet, averaging 2 weeks/ times.
Like clothes, no one can wear them in continually several days without washing anything. The helmet also has to be washed with soap or other types of dedicated solutions.
So this article will provide you the way to clean the helmets in general and the ¾ helmets or full-face helmets in particular. Let’s try doing these steps of us below!
Here are how to clean the helmet:
- Step 1: You must know the method to disassemble and assemble the parts on your helmet when buying a helmet.
- Step 2: Disassemble each detachable part of the helmet (For examples: The glass, the protecting detail for your nose, the cheek buffer).
- Step 3: Pour the shampoo into the pot and dissolve it by clean water. You ought to use the shampoo because it will be good for your health and for your helmet, avoid the types with more detergents such as dishwashing liquid or laundry soap.
- Step 4: Use a hose to water into the helmet in order to reduce the dust
- Step 5: Next is wetting the inner lining layer. Soak the helmet in the soapy water pot just mixed in about 10 minutes to reject the dirt clinging inside the foam layer.
- Step 6: Use your fingers to lightly squeeze the foam parts inside the helmet so that the soap can be effective or use the brush to scrub it gently.
- Step 7: Rinse the helmet again with clean water to clean the soap.
- Step 8: Exposure the helmet to drain in the dry places having the sunlight.
Another method to disinfect that helmet is spraying an antiseptic solution or using the UV light. To be simpler, you only need to overturn the helmet and exposure outside under the sun, every 2-3 days you bring the helmet out to dry for 15 minutes and then bring back inside, because exposure in long time can affect the outer plastic shell of the helmet.
In addition, you should not use the same helmet with others; let’s consider it as personal items such as towels, drinking glasses… Moreover, do not use the helmet when your hair is still wet. When selecting to buy a helmet, you need to check if the helmet has the vents or not, besides, you should to choose the inner lining fabric that is able to wick the sweat in order not to make your hair plastered.
2. So are the helmets for bicycles, you could clean them frequently. But, because the helmets for bikes are the half-face types with the expanded vents, they are cool, airy and rarely affect your scalp.